Postdoctoral Position in Environmental Toxicology/Environmental Health
The Bursar of the Faculty of Science, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the Postdoctoral Position in Environmental Toxicology / Environmental Health
Workplace: RECETOX, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Working Hours: full time, 40 hours per week
Expected Start Date: as soon as possible, or negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non-EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: June 30, 2021, or until the position is filled
EU Researcher Profile: R1-2
RECETOX is a research centre at Faculty of Science of Masaryk University. The centre focuses on interdisciplinary research and education in the area of Environment & Health, studying toxic compounds and their behavior, transport & bioaccumulation as well as effects, assessing the exposure and health risks to humans, and developing technologies and biotechnologies for their removal. https://www.recetox.muni.cz/en
Research topic and job description
To the research group of Assoc. prof. Klára Hilscherová (web) we are searching for talented and motivated scientist for the postdoctoral position. The prospective scientist will be involved in a project on the development of predictive and diagnostic methods for the characterization of potential impact of internal and external exposure to chemicals and their mixtures on human health and associated risks.
The research will focus namely on the ability of chemicals to disrupt endocrine regulation, which can be associated with numerous developmental, neuroendocrine and metabolic disorders. Advanced (bio)analytical methods, in vitro systems and predictive models will be developed and implemented within this project. Specifically, the planned research will lead to the development and implementation of novel assays addressing disruption of thyroid hormone regulation on different levels in association with adverse effects on early neurodevelopment. This research will be conducted in close relation to cohort epidemiological studies and the European Human Biomonitoring Platform.
RECETOX research infrastructure includes international sampling networks, epidemiological studies (CELSPAC cohort: www.celspac.cz), accredited trace laboratories as well as environmental information systems (GENASIS: www.genasis.cz, www.pops-gmp.org).
Inquiries about the position and research topic can be sent to Assoc. Prof. Klára Hilscherová, email@example.com
Skills and Qualifications
Candidate should have
- Ph.D. degree in the area related to the research topic (obtained not more then 7 years ago);
- Previous experience in the field of Environmental Toxicology, Environmental Health Sciences, Ecotoxicology, Biochemistry, Experimental or Molecular Biology
- Good publication record with articles in international peer reviewed journals
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate with multiple and international teams
- Experience with research projects is an advantage
- Experience with advanced in vitro models and molecular biology techniques (e.g. 2D and/or 3D human cell-based assays, iPSCs-derived models, development of transfected in vitro models, CRISPR/Cas9 experience)
- Advantageous experience (any of the following): biomarkers analyses, omics technologies, adverse outcome pathways, predictive modelling (QSAR, mixtures models), advanced microscopy techniques, chemical analytical skills (namely liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry methods), effect-directed analysis
- Vibrant working environment and access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Fully equipped modern laboratories
- International collaborative working environment
- Involvement in national and international projects
- Employee benefits: 6 weeks of leave per year, health insurance, pension insurance contribution, meal contribution, discounted language courses, etc.
- Support with your relocation
- Brno provides a high quality of life; it is a university city with lots of culture and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
We offer an initial appointment until the end of 2022.
Applicants should provide the following information in English
- CV (European standard recommended)
- Summary of publications and research outputs
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact details of at least three professional referees
- Ph.D. certification
The deadline for applications is on 30 June 2021. A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
The application shall be submitted online via an e-application (Please, use the link in the e-Application section below). After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org, Barbora Chlubná.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with the principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided. The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
If we do not contact you within 10 working days after the application deadline at the latest, it means that we have shortlisted other candidates meeting the position requirements.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University, is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Masaryk University is the second-largest university in the Czech Republic with nine faculties, more than 5000 staff, and more than 30 000 students. As a comprehensive research-intensive university with a strong international standing, our mission is to pursue top-quality research and education.
Faculty of Science MU, a proud holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of Masaryk University, generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Brno, the capital of the South Moravian Region, situated approximately halfway between Prague and Vienna, it is the largest university town in the Czech Republic and a modern metropolis with a long history and culture. Recognizing the university’s significant role in making Brno one of the most innovative cities in the CEE region, it continuously supports, together with the South Moravian Region, the local scientific, start-up, and high-tech communities.
Visit our Career page.