This role sits within Fundraising and Supporter Development at King’s College London. The Fundraising and Supporter Development Office is an integrated department with fundraisers in major and individual gifts, trusts and foundations and legacy giving. We provide a single fundraising function for King’s College London, Guy’s and St Thomas’ Charity and also priority projects for King’s Health Partners, working closely with the Maudsley Charity.
Our purpose is to inspire, ask and enable people to give financially in support of the goals of King’s and King’s Health Partners (KHP). Our vision is to sustain and build philanthropy and continue the fundraising momentum achieved with the record-breaking World questions King’s answers campaign. The work we support has made a significant impact on the world in areas as diverse as cancer research, global terrorism and palliative care.
The Digital Officer sits within the Alumni Communications and Donor Relations team whose primary function is to use evidence and experience to build and maintain lasting connections with donors, alumni and future alumni. Our goal is to keep these audiences engaged, so that they are inspired to support King’s through philanthropy or the gift of time. Working under the supervision of the Senior Communications Manager, this role will provide expertise to help optimise the effectiveness of digital channels, contributing to team, department and organisational goals.
Using digital expertise, this role will lead on technical projects including: email mapping, the creation of a comprehensive email testing and automation schedule, paid media strategy, and maximising conversions through our digital channels. This role will also lead on discrete digital development projects.
The role requires a sound knowledge of CMS, email marketing, paid media and analytics. The individual should be a team player, familiar with managing a busy work load, prioritizing and liaising with stakeholders at all levels. This role will play an important role in helping achieve fundraising and engagement goals.
This post will be offered on a six-month fixed-term contract
This is a part-time post - 40% full time equivalent
• Managing detailed testing regime for digital channels including email newsletters in order to maximise engagement
• Creation of automated email programme and user experience journeys to help achieve team objectives including event attendance and fundraising consent
• Maximising conversions through our digital channels including fundraising and engagement targets
• Setting interpreting and reporting on analytics to maximise effectiveness of our engagement with alumni
• Discrete digital projects as required, including web development
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
• Strong digital skills, including knowledge and experience of CMS, email marketing, social media management and analytics
• Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise effectively to manage competing deadlines successfully whilst maintaining attention to detail
• Good content creation skills
• Good design, copy writing and proof-reading skills
• Experience in a digital role
• Planning and managing time pressured projects
• Campaign management and evaluation
• Managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with a variety of individuals including senior members of staff, high-level donors, alumni, students, patients and third-party suppliers.
• Undergraduate degree and related experience or equivalent combination.
• Experience of Photoshop, InDesign and Premiere Pro
• Understanding of customer and donor care in a non-profit environment
• Experience using Raiser’s Edge or similar customer/donor data base and associated processes and systems.
• Basic awareness of the activities of the King’s College London