Post-doc Researcher in Chromatography and Spectroscopic Methods
Post-doc Researcher in Chromatography and Spectroscopic Methods focused on Natural and Recycled Materials
We are seeking a postdoctoral researcher to join our team within the Lab of the Department of Wood Processing and Biomaterials, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences in Prague, Czech Republic.
The selected researcher will participate in research teams that focus on imaging methods and analyses of elemental and chemical composition of materials based on lignin and cellulose and other renewable raw materials. The post-dock will work with GC-MS, Raman microscope and AFM. These advanced techniques will be used in order to characterise natural fibres, composites from natural fibres, composites from other recycled materials, impregnated wood, etc.
- Independent performance of laboratory work of developmental and research character,
- Analysis of materials by chromatography and instrumental techniques,
- Preparation and development of experimental procedures – depend of a given technique,
- Preparation of samples and specimens – preparation of samples for GC-MS, Raman microscope, AFM and DSC,
- Analysis of results – spectra and molecular composition analysis,
- Creation of test reports and reports.
Type of employment: Temporary position – 11 months
Working hours: Full time
First day of employment: 08/2021 earliest
Number of positions: 1
Country: Czech Republic
Czech University of Life Sciences in Prague, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, Kamycka 129, Praha 6 Suchdol, 16521, Czech Republic
The mobility is funded within the project “Supporting the development of international mobility of research, technical and administrative staff at CZU Prague”, reg. no. CZ.02.2.69 / 0.0 / 0.0 / 18_053 / 0016979.
- The applicant should have a PhD or other appropriate level 8 of ISCED (International Standard Classification of Education) qualification completed within the last 7 years in environmental or related sciences
- The applicant has worked outside of the Czech Republic for at least 2 years as a researcher (0.5 contract or more) or has studied doctoral studies during the last 3 years.
- The applicant has already published 2 peer-reviewed research outputs during the last 3 years.
- All research activities will be conducted in English, knowledge of the Czech language is not required. Excellent English communication and writing skills on the level of native speaker is essential.
- Experience with characterization of natural fiber materials by techniques such as GC-MS, Raman, FTIR, AFM, DSC,
- Good general technical overview
Selection will be based on the relevance of candidates’ professional interests and experience, as well as excellence in research achievements.
Position duration, starting date and salary:
The duration of the position is 11 months, starting earliest in August 2021. The gross monthly salary starts at 63,500 CZK (circa 2,400 EUR) including health insurance and social security cover. The starting monthly salary represents double of the median salary in the Czech Republic. To compare living costs see here: https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-living.
Required application documents:
- Diploma (and its nostrification, if necessary)
- Professional résumé (CV), including a list of publications and motivation letter
- Confirmation of 2 years professional activity outside of the Czech Republic within the last 3 years and/or Ph.D. programme documents (confirmation can also be included in the résumé - CV)
The deadline for application is 30 June 2021. Application review will begin immediately. Successful candidates will be contacted in the middle of July 2021. The second round of the interview will take place in the form of a video call.
About the employer
Czech University of Life Sciences Prague, Faculty of Forestry and Wood Sciences, is searching for 1 researcher (Post-Doctoral Position) to new project: “Supporting the development of international mobility research, technical and administrative staff of the CZU in Prague - phase II”.
The aim of the project, co-financed by the Operational Program Research, Development and Education, is to support the development of international mobility of research staff at CULS Prague.
- Working on a temporary contract (11 months, start earliest in August 2021),
- Work full-time employment (1.0)
- Salary: at least 2 400 €
- Place of work: Kamýcká 129, 16500 Prague – Suchdol, Czech Rep. (EU)
- Benefits of the CULS employee
- Work in a dynamic, international, cooperative and high professional quality team
- Extend research networks by participation in international conferences and presentation of research findings
- Working in English
- GC-MS, Raman, AFM
Send your CV and other required documents to email@example.com