Freelance Associate Project Management Tutor
4 days left
Job Profile Teaching - Tutor
Contract Type Freelance
A BPP freelance tutor has the following core areas of responsibility:
- Teaching on a range of Apprenticeship School programmes and subjects as required
- Marking summative and formative assessment materials
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including scholarship and innovation, planning and evaluation as required
- Providing pastoral support and guidance of students on relevant programmes and modules as required
- Ensuring regulatory compliance with BPP systems and processes
Through this, you will work with and support the School in delivering excellence in teaching, materials and pastoral support within a compliant regulatory framework.
The Apprenticeship School designs and delivers programmes in England and Scotland at Levels 2 -5 in the disciplines of Banking, Business Administration, Risk & Compliance, Insurance, Investment Operations, HR, Management and Project Management. The School aims to deliver a student experience based on the principles of mastery that supports apprentices to gain a professional qualification and also measures application through the setting and assessment of developmental activities (that are relevant to industry), and through detailed preparation for a final, robust assessment.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Teaching on the L4 APM Apprenticeship programme, mostly online although there is also an occasional requirement for face-to-face teaching
- Keeping abreast of new developments in relevant areas of project management and practice and be a subject matter expert
- Keeping abreast of evolving project management methodologies, including undertaking training and development as required
- Attending programme tutor team meetings or liaising with other tutors as required to ensure uniform delivery of modules to ensure successful progression of students between and within programmes and modules
- Preparing for teaching and teaching in small and/or larger groups as required
- Striving to obtain the highest level of teaching feedback from students
- Assisting with the smooth running of assessments as required
- Mark formative and summative assessments and giving feedback in accordance with BPP policies
- Contributing to curriculum development work, including innovation, planning and evaluation including those relating to specific modules and courses as required
- Attending any relevant training in relation to Project Management, course design and innovation as required
- Providing appropriate academic and pastoral support and guidance to students throughout their academic studies, and ensure students are directed to appropriate BPP operational services when necessary
- Actively encourage student engagement with their programme of study using the available resources
- Ensure regulatory compliance with BPP systems and processes, including timely and accurate completion of reports and data into all BPP systems and processes as required
- Attend training, as required, to ensure up to date knowledge of BPP systems and processes to enable teaching on BPP programmes.
- Other responsibilities within the remit of the role generally to be agreed from time to time.
As outlined in job background.
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide, Nationwide
- APM PMQ Qualification
- Experienced Project Manager at middle- or senior-level within an organisational structure
- A teaching qualification relevant to the discipline is ideal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously and flexibly
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Able to develop rapport, build and maintain strong working relationships with colleagues and students
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- A commitment to vocationally-orientated Project Management apprenticeships
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
The role of an Apprenticeship School freelance tutor will develop your skills as a professional educator. Bespoke training is offered covering areas such as classroom techniques, marking assessments, teaching face to face or online using BPP systems and processes as agreed from time to time.
Contract Hours 0.00