Researcher - Dairy Research and Innovation
SRUC is unique in Scotland and one of the largest organisations of its kind in Europe. Our ambitious and exciting vision is to work at local, national and international levels, leading innovation and sustainable development in agriculture and rural sectors.
Applications are invited for a post as a Researcher at SRUC’s Dairy Research & Innovation Centre in Dumfries.
We are seeking a motivated individual who is committed to carrying out high quality research. The candidate will contribute to ongoing UK and EU projects being delivered at SRUC’s Dairy Research & Innovation Centre and should have experience in assessing the economic and environmental performance of farms. Key areas of work include:
- Contribute to collaborative dairy research projects nationally and internationally
- Carry out financial performance assessment of dairy farms across the EU
- Prepare carbon footprint inventory data
- Contribute to project actions and deliverables, such as virtual farm tours
- Present results, attend project meetings and assist project partners
The successful candidate should have a PhD (or equivalent) in a subject relating to agriculture or environmental science with good written English and data handling skills. The applicant should have experience with economic evaluation of agricultural systems and/or life cycle analysis.
This is a fixed term role for 12 months.
Further details on the requirements of this role can be found in the Job Particulars document which you must read before applying for this role. This is downloadable when you click the APPLY link.