This role operates within the HR team dedicated to supporting the KCL Cleaning and Security Services (CSS) who have recently been insourced to the University.
With a background in operational HR, ideally gained working with a similar workforce, you will be responsible for providing support to the HR Operations Manager and HR Advisor on all operational HR matters for this 400+ group of staff.
You will need excellent organisation skills as you will be expected to provide coordination support across multiple and varied ER issues and will need a good understanding of HR procedures and policies as you will be expected to get involved in a broad range of HR activity.
This post will be offered on a fixed-term, full time contract for 9 months
- Acting as an administrative support for the team, particularly in relation to casework across CSS. This will include arranging and coordinating attendance at meetings, note taking, filing and managing paperwork, issuing letters and other communication.
- Organising and coordinating necessary arrangements for formal case management processes e.g., booking rooms, coordinating meeting times, collating documents and dissemination of paperwork to relevant parties.
- Maintaining team databases and systems, ensuring they are kept up to date and accurate, and reporting to the HR Operations Manager as required.
- Preparing standard letters relating to cases, ensuring they are accurate and issued in a timely manner.
- Creating and maintaining electronic files, filing systems and HR databases.
- Maintaining and updating a suite of HR templates, ensuring they reflect current University policy and best practice.
- Managing the CSS HR inbox, ensuring all queries are prioritised, allocated to the appropriate member of the team and actioned appropriately.
- Providing HR reports and analytics as required utilising agreed templates.
- Accompanying the HR Operations Manager/HR Advisor meetings as required.
- Providing general HR administrative support as required.
The above list of responsibilities may not be exhaustive, and the post holder will be required to undertake such tasks and responsibilities as may reasonably be expected within the scope and grading of the post.
Skills, knowledge, and experience
- A good understanding of employment practice in relation to employee relations issues and experience managing ER casework
- Experience and confidence in providing advice on a range of HR issues to clients
- Experience and/or ability to take minutes at formal meetings
- Demonstrates initiative and efficiently handles high volume workload, including effective prioritization.
- Excellent customer service skills (i.e. the ability to juggle conflicting demands and manage customer expectations effectively, to be diplomatic and tactful)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong IT literacy (word, powerpoint, excel)
- Able to build and maintain excellent relationships with clients
- CIPD qualification or equivalent work experience