Lecturer in Family Law
Application closing date 31/05/2021
Salary £36,914 to £51,034 per annum
Job category/type Academic
The School of Law is based in a modern state of the art building at the heart of the campus, which includes an interactive Moot Court and a Digital Studio. Academics working in the Law School research across a range of diverse areas, reflecting both traditional and contemporary legal scholarship. We are a globally recognised Law School with internationally acknowledged excellence.
We are seeking to appoint a Lecturer who will teach at undergraduate and postgraduate level in family law and private law and undertake research in line with the School of Law’s research strategy.
The successful candidate must have:
- A degree in Law;
- Have a PhD in Law or cognate discipline;
- A publication record (including papers about to publish) in good quality peer reviewed journals and/or with relevant publishers, commensurate with stage of career;
- Demonstrated ability to publish at internationally-excellent level, with clear potential to make a strong contribution to the School’s performance;
- Research interests that are sustainable and which complement the research strategy of the School of Law;
- Relevant teaching experience in a law school context, commensurate with stage in career;
- Ability to contribute to the teaching of private law subject areas at undergraduate and postgraduate level (at least one of Land Law, Equity & Trusts); and
- Ability to contribute to the teaching of family law at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
The School of Law is committed to the promotion of equality of opportunity and to creating and sustaining an environment that values and celebrates the diversity of its staff and student body. In particular, the school is committed to supporting the career progression of women in arts, humanities, social sciences, business and law (AHSSBL) in line with the Athena SWAN Charter. The School holds an Athena SWAN Bronze Award. We are a leader in gender equality and diversity, and are one of the UK’s most successful universities in the Athena SWAN initiative which promotes gender equality and career progression.
For full job details and criteria please see the Candidate Information link on our website by clicking ‘apply’. You must clearly demonstrate how you meet the criteria when you submit your application. For further information please contact Resourcing Team at email@example.com.