Senior Executive, Research Management and Publications
7 days left
- Full Time
Research Management and Publications
The appointee will report to a Team Lead, with responsibilities which include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manage, implement, and maintain the Research Governance Framework. This includes applying for ethics clearance, reviewing research proposals submitted for clarity, identifying experts to conduct technical reviews of proposals, liaising with research team on experts’ comments and preparing the executive summaries and other meeting materials) to the Research Committee to approve quality proposals from IAL or for the Workforce Development Applied Research Fund (WDARF) grant.
- Summarize the key ideas of the research proposal, record key points of discussion in External Review Panel and Research Committee meetings, and provide quick summary of discussion at the end of the meeting.
- Introduce and explain the main points of the research proposals to the respective research committee for deliberation.
- Plan and implement WDARF grant calls to attract target number of applications as set with SSG. This includes:
- Planning and implementing online media campaigns to increase awareness of the WDARF grant call; and
- Monitoring and proposing appropriate actions to ensure targets set for WDARF are achieved.
- Plan, manage and coordinate Research Committee (RC) and Expert Review Panel (ERP) meetings.
- Enable the conduct of all WDARF-approved grants, including:
- Preparing and managing contracts and research agreements;
- Verifying the supportable funding components to determine the final approved research budget / grant;
- Monitor and evaluate progress and compliance of WDARF projects for fund disbursement;
- Evaluate and seek approval for project variations; and
- Monitor the successful completion of projects.
- Report on outcomes of completed projects and the impact of the WDARF grant annually at the Research Committee meeting
- A tertiary qualification, preferably in business management or communication.
- At least three years of working experience, preferably in relevant research or policy and planning activities.
- Knowledge in financial literacy and grant administration would be useful. Some experience with research or policy functions, as well as research data management in institutions such as tertiary education institution, corporate entities or government agencies, is preferred.
- Good knowledge in the use of Excel.
- Excellent project management, analytical, written and oral communication skills.
- Proactive with high level of initiative and an eye for detail.
- Able to work independently, has a positive attitude, has good planning and management skills with the ability to multitask.
- Able to work effectively in teams and engage with a wide range of stakeholders, academics and researchers.