Research Fellow, Biochemistry
The National University of Singapore invites applications for 01 postdoc position with immediate effect in the Department of Biochemistry, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be made on 1 year contract basis in the first instance, with the possibility of extension 1-2 years - amend as appropriate.
Purpose of the post
Membrane transporters regulate the transport of small compounds through cell membrane. Our lab discovered Mfsd2b as the transporter for S1P in HSC cells (Vu et al., Nature, 2017). Our recent work also identified Mfsd7c as a putative transporter at the blood brain barrier (Kalailingam et al., JCI, May 2020). The current projects focus on understandings the molecular and physiological roles of these transporters in mouse models and cell culture models.
Main duties and responsibilities
The postdoc candidate will lead 1-2 research projects in which he or she will work with the PI to study the physiological impacts of these transporters to cells/animals physiology. The postdoc candidate will be able to:
- Independently lead 1-2 research projects.
- Design and Perform experiments, interpret the data, and write papers.
- Assist with any other duties such as training junior lab members.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
The applicant should hold a PhD with strong interests and experiences in medical research field. Experiences should include the follows but not limited to:
- · Strong research interests in lipid biochemistry. Willing to work with isotopes.
- · Experience in working with knockout mouse models is important.
- · Experience with gene expression in common cell lines and primary murine cells.
- · Experience with basic molecular biology techniques is preferred such as molecular cloning, protein expression/purification, immunoprecipitation, Western blots.
We offer a highly competitive research environment with state-of-the-art technology for career development. Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Formal application: Please submit your application including a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations) and full contacts of 3 referees.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Competencies More Information
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Biochemistry
Employee Referral Eligible: No