Research Engineer, Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering, National University of Singapore, is inviting applications for a Research Engineer (RE) position under Prof. Sibudjing Kawi’s group. The candidate will work on “NEA WTE-CRP” research project entitled “Energy Efficient MSW Incineration via Integrated Catalytic Membrane Gasification”.
This includes the following areas:
- Development of high performance oxygen permeable inorganic hollow fiber membranes at low temperature used in oxygen enrichment module of the gasification process.
- Develop novel catalysts for steam reforming of biomass tar.
- Write and review research papers, presenting research outcomes and develop connections with local and international researchers for collaboration work.
- Maintain optimal experimental progress and equipment’s in the laboratory.
- Bachelors/ Masters in chemical engineering in the research area of inorganic hollow fiber membranes and membrane reactors for low temperature reactions.
- Proven experience in the field of inorganic hollow fiber membrane synthesis, catalyst synthesis and reactor design in terms of publications and/or patents.
- Strong team player skills and the ability to work harmoniously with a diverse workforce.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering