Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at National University of Singapore invites applications for one (1) Research Fellow position in the area of transportation and urban planning for active aging. The candidate is expected to work in the research project funded by Ministry of Education (PI: Dr Ong Ghim Ping Raymond) to:
- Collect data on elderly needs for their daily activities and relationship towards urban and transport infrastructure.
- Develop models to understand elderly needs for transport and urban infrastructures.
- Develop guidelines for transport and urban planning for active aging. Good communication and team working skills with the ability to present research findings in publications and meetings are also required.
The appointment will be for one year in the first instance, and renewable for another year (subject to availability of further funding). To apply, please furnish the following documents: -
- Cover letter. Curriculum vitae and transcripts, including a list of publications (provide softcopies of relevant papers).
- Four referee letters. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Link for Dr Raymond Ong’s webpage: https://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/cee/staff/ong-ghim-ping-raymond/
Candidate should have a PhD in related discipline (e.g. civil engineering, urban planning, industrial systems and engineering), preferably with experience in data analytics in urban/transport planning and socio-behavioural modelling.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering