Postdoctoral Research Fellow, Data Analytics and Demand Response
- School of Engineering, Information Technology and Physical Sciences – Ballarat Campus
- Full-time, fixed-term appointment for 12 months
- Academic Level A - $70,377 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
Be part of our diverse community
We are driven to make a real difference to the lives of every student who walks through our doors, and to the communities we help build and are proud to be part of. We are one of Australia’s oldest universities, known today for our modern approach to teaching and learning. With the largest network of campuses across Victoria, as well as a growing Brisbane base, we are uniquely positioned to provide pathways from vocational education and skills training at Federation TAFE through to higher education programs at Federation University.
About the role
Support the delivery of funded research projects and contribute to other research activities related to Data Mining and Power System Operation and Planning.
- contribute to delivering the C4NET Demand Response Initiative (Industrial and Commercial Demand Flexing to Increase Overall Benefit);
- conduct research in data mining in the water industry demand response;
- develop literature reviews and maintain data and knowledge repositories to support research activities; and
- prepare research findings leading to publication of peer-reviewed journal papers.
To be considered for this position, you will have demonstrated:
- experience in working on state-of-the-art power systems analytical tools (e.g., DIgSILENT Power Factory, PSCAD, or PSS/E);
- experience in preparing and publishing research material;
- experience in project management;
- ability to work autonomously but also to work collegially as part of a team; and
- evidence of research expertise and an active research profile.
Please note that applications will be prioritised for those with current working rights in Australia and who are not affected by travel restrictions.
Please see the latest updates to Australia’s immigration and border arrangements during the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) outbreak: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/
How to apply
Please apply by Sunday, 30 May 2021.
Applicants are required to address the Key Selection Criteria, in addition to a resume, to view the Position Description, please visit careers.federation.edu.au
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please email the Recruitment team or phone 03 5327 9756. Our position descriptions also list a contact person for job specific enquiries.
At Federation University Australia we value diversity, embrace difference and nurture a connected, safe and respectful community. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people and people of all cultures, abilities, sexualities and genders. Should you require additional support please email Elizabeth Spark, our Diversity and Inclusion Partner.
Find out more about our Aboriginal and Torres Islander Employment Strategy. For support or queries relating to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employment please email Lisa Pickering, our Associate Director, Organisational Development and Performance.
A workplace for remarkable people
For almost 150 years we have been reaching out to new communities, steadily building a generation of independent thinkers united in the knowledge that they are greater together.
We are committed to attracting, retaining and developing the best talent in the regions in which we operate. From our academic and research staff to those working in student experience, we are all part of a collaborative culture that inspires the highest levels of excellence, innovation, integrity and respect. We are proud of our SAGE Athena SWAN Bronze accreditation in 2019 for recognising our commitment to advancing the careers of women, trans and gender diverse individuals in STEM disciplines in higher education and research.
What we offer
You will be able to take advantage of our UniSports Health and Fitness Centre in Mt Helen, in addition to benefits such as purchased leave, blended workforce options (work from home flexibility), salary sacrificing options, on-campus childcare (Mt Helen and Gippsland), discounted private health insurance, affordable parking, wellness programs, professional development programs and many other benefits. For further information visit our leave and work-life balance web page.
For more information on a career with us, please visit our website or let our staff tell you more https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xg_6dvxP8cA.