Research Assistant, Project Green Chemistry
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh Bachelor’s Degree holders are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Assistant (RA) will be responsible to and work closely with the Principal Investigator and the lead research fellow on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RA’s principal role will be to work in a team to engineer microorganisms for targeted recycling of electronic waste.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Assistant is expected to:
- Develop molecular tools for the engineering of non-canonical microorganisms, such as Chromobacterium violaceum
- Engineer microorganisms for enhanced biocatalytic capabilities for industrial applications in electronic waste recycling
- Provide technical support to research fellows and graduate students working in the same project.
The applicant should:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Have basic knowledge and hands-on experience on molecular biology, biochemistry and metabolic engineering of microbes for the production of targeted metabolites
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari G, email@example.com
Formal application: Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees) by 7 May 2021
Ms Mageswari Ganesan
National University of Singapore
Centre for Life Sciences #02-07
28 Medical Drive Singapore 117456
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No