Associate Professor/Senior Lecturer/Lecturer, Networks and Cybersecurity, School of Computing
The NUS School of Computing (SOC) traces its roots back to the Nanyang University Department of Computer Science that was established in 1975. Since then, SOC has developed into one of the leading computing schools in the world, with faculty members who are both internationally recognised researchers and inspiring teachers.
Today, SOC offers undergraduate and graduate degree programmes across the full spectrum of the field of computing, including Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Business Analytics and Information Security, as well as specialisations in emerging areas of importance such as artificial intelligence, fintech, blockchain, analytics and security.
SOC Advanced Computing for Executives (ACE) unit was established to help business leaders, managers and professionals learn about emerging technology and how to harness them for digital transformation and business competitiveness. ACE drives the expansion of SOC’s lifelong learning offerings in a concerted and strategic way and aims to be the premier educator and thought leader in advanced computing and information technology.
To augment our manpower resources in the School, we are looking for a suitably qualified candidate to join ACE unit. Reporting to the Head, Executive Education, the incumbent shall develop, review and deliver executive education programmes/seminars related to Networks and Cybersecurity to business leaders, managers and professionals, as well as provide support in outreach activities and consultancy work.
The incumbent will be emplaced at an appropriate appointment grade, based on the individual merits of the candidate.
This role is offered on a 3-year renewable contract basis; renewal is subject to satisfactory on-the-job performance of the incumbent, and demand for the assigned programmes.
Remuneration is on a 12- month salary package plus variable performance bonus, as well as regular employee benefits such as leave, medical and insurance coverage.
- Initiate, design, conduct and administer programmes, workshops and seminars as assigned
- Liaise with Programme Managers and clients in determining training needs such that course materials are designed and contextualised to achieve desired learning outcomes
- Devise training strategies and create training materials, including testing and reviewing created materials
- Monitor and assess learners’ work, invigilate examinations
- Source for and harness resources for instructional technology
- Provide credible training consultancy services for ACE’s clients
- Participate in business development, marketing and promotion activities of assigned programmes
- Research and stay current on the state of the art in networks and cybersecurity as well as other information communication technology (ICT) practices
- Supervise and coach training assistants in supporting training sessions
- Carry out administrative duties as required
Academic & Professional Certification
- At least a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Networks and Cybersecurity, or an IT-related discipline from a reputable university
- Sound technical experience, eg. have knowledge required for certification such as Certified Ethical Hacker, CCNA and CCNA Security, CySA+, Network+ and Security+, CISSP certifications etc.
- Familiarity with industrial practise and exposure to enterprise and/or critical infrastructure security is a plus
Experience & Attributes
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant working experience demonstrated in networks and cybersecurity including the teaching of adult learners, especially business leaders, managers and professionals, with at least 3 years in a similar capacity
- Excellent presentation skills; ability to present and explain difficult concepts clearly, concisely and in plain simple English
- Familiarity with the use of live streaming technologies, smart boards, etc. is a plus
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Highly numerate, analytical and meticulous with strong administration skills
- Results-driven, self-motivated and highly disciplined
- Strong team player, able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes
- Resilient, resourceful with good problem-solving and critical-thinking skills, and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented and ambiguous work environment
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: School of Computing
Department : Dean's Office (School of Computing)
Employee Referral Eligible: Yes
To apply, please submit a comprehensive CV stating the expected monthly salary, together with a copy of all academic certificates before 30 Apr 2021. Shortlisted candidates should be prepared to complete other administrative formalities before the interviews.