Sales Executive - EMEA
Job Title: Sales Executive - EMEA
Department: Times Higher Education
Location: Red Lion Square, Holborn, London
Reporting to: Regional Director
Over the last 50 years the Times Higher Education’s mission has been to help create the conditions and culture that universities need to succeed, by providing data, insights and services to the world’s universities. To help support this mission and to better serve our partners the THE commercial team is growing. If you are the kind of person who loves to travel (when safe to do so!), engage with people at every level of an organization and who has a passion for improving the quality of higher education, then we want to speak to you.
The focus of THE’s commercial team is to understand our institutional partners and their strategic goals, whether they refer to performance in global rankings, development of their research portfolio & partnerships, growth in international recognition, student & academic mobility or anything in between. The team then look at how THE's data, communities and experience can support our partners in achieving these goals. With team members based in the UK, Singapore, Korea, Australia, the US and Canada, you will be joining a truly global team who work with hundreds of institutions with distinct and varied challenges.
- Build relationships from the ground up; find, engage and nurture your own partner base of universities, research institutes and higher education establishments.
- Manage pre-existing and new partner accounts; understand their needs and challenges in achieving their strategic goals.
- Create innovative and holistic solutions across multiple service streams (consultancy, data, hiring, marketing) that meet your clients’ needs.
- In collaboration with the consultancy, product, data and engagement teams, produce high quality projects that deliver against partner expectations.
- Good prioritization, project management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to quickly build rapport.
- An understanding of, or experience in the higher education landscape would be beneficial.
- 1+ year of work experience in a client-facing role such as sales, business development or client success is desirable, but we will consider experience from other walks of life.
- A university degree in any field.
- An ability and passion to travel frequently (when safe to do so!)
- You are a team player, committed to both hard work and having fun.
- Foreign language skills would be a bonus (particularly Russian or Arabic) but are not essential.
- The right to work in the UK is preferential but not a must.
- Competitive salary.
- Sizable commission structure.
- 25 days holiday + 1 day per year of service (up to 30).
- Generous pension, medical and life assurance.
- An opportunity to travel the world and meet people from different backgrounds.
- Possibility to grow along with a rapidly expanding company.
Times Higher Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
We rely on the flexibility of our staff to ensure the continuity of our high standards and performance, as such this job description is only intended to be a guide to the most regularly performed duties, it does not form part of the contract of employment and is subject to amendment and change as may be considered.