Research Fellow, Asian Institute of Digital Finance
The Credit Research Initiative (CRI) is a non-profit undertaking under the Asian Institute of Digital Finance (AIDF) of the National University of Singapore. Pioneering the "public good" credit risk measures, the CRI is committed to advancing big data analytics and providing directly useful credit intelligence to academic and professional communities. We invite Ph.D. candidates/holders from quantitative disciplines to apply for the Research Fellowship.
The CRI is committed to achieving academic excellence and practical relevance. It was launched after the 2008-2009 financial crisis and premised upon the concept of credit ratings as a public good. Over the course of its developments, it has produced top-tier original research and has helped a wide range of financial institutions, supranational organizations and FinTech companies to solve real-world problems. In collaboration with the International Monetary Fund (IMF), the CRI has developed an automated stress-testing tool based on the CRI PD system – the Bottom-up Default Analysis (BuDA) toolkit. Together with a Singapore-based FinTech company, our technology is extended to help build its credit rating system for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (SMEs). The CRI team currently actively pursues a research project on Natural Language Processing (NLP) to extract credit-focused sentiments in media to complement the structured financial and behavioural data. Looking into the future, the CRI will continue to make the most of data analytics, further automate the system and make the products more actionable for various users.
Responsibilities (Include but not limited to):
- Conducting individual research for journal publications on credit risk management, data analytics, natural language processing, machine learning, deep learning, financial modelling, finance/economics empirical analyses, algorithm development, databases, etc.
- Participating in the CRI operations in terms of model development/validation, data production, system enhancement and knowledge dissemination.
- Participating in the consulting projects for external parties (e.g. bespoke model development/validation).
- Expecting/Holding Ph.D. degree from a quantitative discipline, e.g. Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Engineering, Operations Research, Marketing, Economics, Finance, etc. The successful candidate is expected to obtain his/her Ph.D. degree at the time of appointment.
- Intending to do good research and striving to have a real-world impact.
- With great curiosity and outstanding ability to learn fast.
- Strong team spirit and comfortable working with a diverse team in a multi-cultural environment.
- Responsible and resilient when faced with challenges.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Asian Institute of Digital Finance
Department : Credit Research Initiative
Employee Referral Eligible: No