Research Assistant, Biological Sciences
The successful candidate will work with A/P Henry Mok Yu Keung on structural and functional characterization of proteins under a project on “Barriers and Busters that determine viral infection in mosquitoes”.
The main responsibilities of the position include:
- To determine the structural mechanisms of proteins in biological and physical barriers in mosquitoes and the mechanisms by which arboviruses penetrate these barriers to achieve infection.
- Qualifications / Discipline: BSc. holder or fresh BSc. graduate in Life Sciences with research experience in protein cloning, expression and purification.
- Sub-cloning, expression and purification of recombinant proteins;
- Determination of protein structures by X-ray crystallography and NMR;
- Characterization of protein interaction and function using biophysical techniques.
- Protein construct cloning in bacterial vector;
- Protein expression and purification;
- Setup of protein crystallization screen.