ORGANIZATION NAME Khalifa University
Khalifa University is a world-class, research-intensive institution in Abu Dhabi, the capital city of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The University’s mission is to seamlessly integrate research and education to produce world leaders and critical thinkers in science, engineering, and medicine, and also to be a catalyst towards Abu Dhabi’s 2030 vision for a knowledge-based economy. Khalifa University has two campuses in the city of Abu Dhabi – the KU Main Campus and the Sas Al Nakhl Campus, the latter housing two of KU’s flagship research institutes: Masdar Institute and Petroleum Institute.
The Treasury Accountant is responsible for undertaking all treasury operations and responsibilities under the supervision of the Manager of GL and Projects.
- Provide accounting support across operational/petty cash management, endowment reporting, internal and external financial reporting and financial forecasts, whilst demonstrating professional expertise in the delivery and development of the university’s finance service
- Ensure that sufficient funds are available to meet ongoing operational and capital investment requirements for the University
- Prepare periodic financial performance reports for the Section for review by the Line Manager
- Review bills on a constant basis and assess various payment activities and methods, maintaining a day to day control over treasury transactions and authorization of bank payments
- Deliver weekly and monthly cash flow reporting accurately and on time for review
- Responsible for monthly review, approval and reconsolidation of all the University’s accounts and balances to be able to identify and report on the University’s financial position at all times
- Review financial reports, financial analysis, forecasting, trending and results analysis and ensure the timely and accurate provision of these reports to the various departments to assist in operations
- Participate in the preparation of the monthly cash forecast by analyzing the data to determine future cash call requirement and make cash calls to all relevant parties
- Preparation of journal entries for manual payments, exchange rate differences and bank charges/interest
- Participate in the calculation and recording of provisions of liabilities and commitments Ensure that all transactions having to do with treasury is recorded correctly and in accordance with laid down standards
- Adhere to the University’s information security and confidentiality policies and procedures, and report breaches or other security risks accordingly
- Coordinate with other departments to facilitate the accomplishment of tasks and responsibilities, as and when needed
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Line Manager
- UAE National
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years of relevant experience
HOW TO APPLY
A complete application includes curriculum vitae, cover letter, photo, and the names and contact information of three references.
Should you require further assistance or if you face any issue with the online application, please feel to contact the Recruitment Team (firstname.lastname@example.org).