Senior Manager, Corporate Communications, HEO 9
- Based in the Communications and Marketing Unit at 101 Currie Street
- Full-time, continuing position
- Salary: $117,998 per annum (up to 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Senior Manager: Corporate Communications is responsible for leading the development and delivery of the UniSA strategic communications functions, including media liaison, management of UniSA’s news and social media channels, and strategic communications. This position also contributes significant strategic advice to guide the planning and implementation of marketing and public relations activities for the University.
You will be an experienced senior communications professional, with a strategic mindset, who is comfortable navigating a complex and fast-paced corporate environment. The ability to manage a diverse range of projects is a must, along with a track record in issues management and media liaison. Naturally, you’ll be an expert and practiced communicator, able to deploy a range of integrated communications channels, working with a team of professionals from across the marketing and communications mix.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, maintain and implement the University’s Strategic Communications and Public Relations Plan in consultation with key internal stakeholders
- Respond to media queries on University matters exercising high levels of professional judgement
- Provide consultancy to various areas of the University to ensure that strategic communication principles and plans are applied
- Lead key UniSA corporate communications projects
- Provide leadership and guidance to the News and Communications team members
Essential Skills and Experience
- Postgraduate qualifications in communications, journalism, public relations or a related discipline and significant experience or an appropriate undergraduate qualification plus significant demonstrated experience in a comparable senior role in a complex organisation
- Demonstrated experience in the strategic planning, delivery and evaluation of a broad range of integrated communications campaigns and projects for a variety of audiences
- Expertise in the management of sensitive corporate issues, information and media matters and extensive interaction with the media, including crisis management situations
- Expert writing skills and editing skills, including a sense of newsworthiness
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with senior stakeholders to provide advice
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- Employee assistance and development programs
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Julie Bennett, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2987.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Thursday 20 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.