Research Fellow, Paediatrics
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in the Division of Rheumatology, Allergy and Immunology at the Department of Paediatrics, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine (YLLSoM).
The Department of Paediatrics, YLLSoM has a strong reputation in Translational Clinical Research in Maternal and Child Health and Developmental Origins of Health and Disease (DOHaD). It is committed to elucidating pathways in early life which impact on childhood disease with the aim of developing clinically-relevant interventions for disease prevention and mitigation. The PI leads the Child Health Domain of the Growing Up in Singapore Towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) and Singapore PREconception Study of long-Term maternal and child Outcomes (S-PRESTO) birth cohorts, and spearheads microbiome-based studies aimed at developing biomarkers for allergy prevention and treatment; as well as microbiome manipulation for the development of future therapeutics.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure successful completion of research projects. The RF will assist the PI in coordinating operational aspects of the Growing Up in Singapore Towards healthy Outcomes (GUSTO) and Singapore PREconception Study of long-Term maternal and child Outcomes (S-PRESTO) birth cohorts and lead microbiome-based projects within the cohorts in conjunction with external collaborators.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The Research Fellow will be tasked with:
- Overseeing the general management of the projects in the birth cohorts
- Organizing regular meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team and external collaborators
- To conduct bioinformatics data analysis on large clinical and metagenomic /metabolomic datasets from skin, environmental and stool biosamples to derive clinically relevant conclusions.
- Grant and manuscript writing
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI
The applicant should:
- possess a Ph.D. degree in bioinformatics, computer sciences, biological sciences or a related discipline, with a good track record of research output.
- have strong knowledge of computer applications, computational science and statistical analysis, e.g. R, Python, GraphPad Prism, SPSS, MS office, PowerPoint, etc.
- Have experience in literature search, scientific writing and presentation.
- Be highly motivated, eager to learn, and able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have excellent organizational skills with the ability to plan and execute projects, perform tasks independently and demonstrate strong initiative
- Have a positive attitude towards learning and self-development
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Paediatrics
Employee Referral Eligible: No