Teaching Assistant, Centre for English Language Communication
Applicants for the position of Teaching Assistant (TA) must possess:
- A good honours degree in English Language or Communication Studies
Teaching experience, while advantageous, is neither necessary nor expected, as training will be provided.
Successful candidates are expected to:
- teach academic and/or professional English communication courses at the undergraduate level
- attend teaching enhancement training sessions/seminars
- participate actively in on-the-job mentoring
- develop a reflective and professional approach to teaching and student learning.
If you meet the requirements above, possess positive attitude and team spirit, and are excited to contribute to the development of students’ English and communication skills, we invite you to submit your applications.
How to Apply
Applicants should submit their application with the following documents as ONE pdf file:
- Cover letter which addresses their motivation and suitability for the position of TA
- Detailed curriculum vitae listing (a) academic qualifications, (b) employment history (include academic and non-academic positions, including internships), (c) summary of modules taught, if applicable, (d) names and addresses (including email) of three referees, (e) ELT-related service contributions/professional development activities, if applicable, and (f) an indication of current and expected remuneration
- Student and peer evaluations of teaching performance, if applicable
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Ctr for English Language Communication
Department: Ctr for English Language Communication
Employee Referral Eligible: No