Risk and Compliance Coach
Job Profile Apprenticeship - Coaches & Assessors
Contract Type Permanent
BPP Apprenticeship School is recruiting for a Coach role to accommodate the demand needs within the school for the Compliance/Risk L3 Apprenticeship Standard programmes. We are looking for highly motivated, practitioner-experienced candidates to bring high quality support, and nurture and develop talent within the sector. The overall purpose of the role is to support each learner to develop their knowledge, skills and behaviours to successfully complete their apprenticeship. You will need to have experience in the financial services industry relevant to Compliance/Risk for this role, to effectively coach and facilitate the development of learners on programme in these roles.
You will be responsible for the on programme delivery of apprenticeship skills and behaviour standards within this discipline. This will include coaching and provision of high quality support, guidance and feedback for your own caseload of apprentices enrolled on Apprenticeship School apprenticeship programmes.
- Deliver a structured and appropriate development journey for the learners, enabling them to maximise their full potential
- Be a first point of contact for the learners, including regular progress reviews and coaching sessions to monitor progress and facilitate their development
- Work collaboratively with BPP client services teams, learner line managers, own line manager and apprenticeship support services to effectively support the learners through to completion
- Provide written and verbal feedback to the learner on their progress against knowledge skills and behaviours relevant to the programme standard
- Communicate effectively with learners and actively encourage learner engagement with their programmes using resources available
- Monitor progression with Functional Skills if applicable
- Update relevant progress monitoring tools and tracking systems as required
- Provide support during End Point Assessment to ensure all End Point components are carried to the necessary timescales, working closely with the EPA organisation to meet final assessment deadlines
- Cover additional requirements in terms of Safeguarding & Welfare awareness, and learning support and inclusion. This includes referring to support teams at BPP if required, and embedding topics such as Prevent and British Values during reviews
- Contribute to the development of appropriate programme systems and processes
- Provide the support required to ensure target retention and completion rates are met
Department Professional Apprenticeships - Apprenticeship School
Vacancy location UK, Home Based, Home and Office Based
- Minimum 5 GCSEs to include Maths & English at C or above.
- Significant Practitioner experience relevant to the industry
- Experience of managing stakeholders (particularly customer/client relationships)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- The ability to effectively plan, organise and prioritise workload
- Ability to communicate professionally and work closely with and support all stakeholders
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- Experience of working autonomously and managing own workload efficiently and effectively
- An ability to take responsibility to develop own knowledge and skills
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an Enhanced DBS check.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore the successful candidate will be required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected, as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013).
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- TAQA level 3 assessors award or equivalent
- Some experience in teaching or of delivering training and seminars in a commercial context, relevant to the discipline
- Coaching/mentoring both formally and informally
- Industry relevant accreditations or certificates
Contract Hours 37.50