At the Center for Information Services and High Performance Computing (ZIH) at TU Dresden, the national competence center for Big Data and Artificial Intelligence ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig (Center for Scalable Analytics and Artificial Intelligence) is offering two positions as
(Subject to personal qualification employees are remunerated according to salary group E 13 TV-L)
starting at the earliest possible date, The positions are limited until December 31,2022. The period of employment is governed by the Fixed Term Research Contracts Act (Wissenschaftszeitvertragsgesetz - WissZeitVG). A permanent extension of the center is planned. Balancing family and career is an important issue. The posts are generally suitable for candidates seeking part-time employment. Please note that in your application.
ScaDS.AI Dresden/Leipzig extends the national competence center for Big Data, ScaDS, established in 2014. Our research bridges the gap between the efficient use of big data and advanced AI. We offer creative scientific work on a fascinating future topic with internationally known experts in an interdisciplinary team at an excellence university and one of the leading high-performance computers for AI in Germany. The positions offer the chance to obtain further academic qualification, flexible working hours and a family-friendly working environment, as well as living in a city of science and culture surrounded by a unique landscape.
- scientific research and development work in the field of ML for different application areas;
- investigation of methods for distributed execution and parallelization of ML applications, generalization of parallelization strategies;
- performance analysis and optimization of learning methods including I/O behavior, especially for data-intensive and distributed ML applications;
- publication of results and presentation at scientific conferences.
- university degree in computer science or a comparable engineering or natural science;
- a high degree of independence, commitment, flexibility, and team spirit;
- very good English communication skills;
- knowledge of artificial intelligence, machine learning, data analytics, data mining or high-performance computing.
- Experience with HPC systems, cloud computing, visualization tools, and data management methods is also desirable.
Applications from women are particularly welcome. The same applies to people with disabilities.
Please submit your comprehensive application including the usual documents by specifying the job ID „ScaDS.AI Wissenschaftler/in“ by June 1, 2021 (stamped arrival date of the university central mail service applies) to TU Dresden, Zentrum für Informationsdienste und Hochleistungsrechnen, Herrn Prof. Dr. Wolfgang E. Nagel, Helmholtzstr. 10, 01069 Dresden or via the TU Dresden SecureMail Portal (https://securemail.tu-dresden.de) as a single PDF file to email@example.com. Please submit copies only, as your application will not be returned to you. Expenses incurred in attending interviews cannot be reimbursed.
Reference to data protection: Your data protection rights, the purpose for which your data will be processed, as well as further information about data protection is available to you on the website: https://tu-dresden.de/karriere/datenschutzhinweis
Please find the German version under: