Job Profile Finance - Accountants
Contract Type Permanent
To report to the Head of University Accounting and take ownership for delivering accurate and informative management and financial reporting to the executive committee to facilitate business decision making. Develop and deliver more efficient and robust processes and controls to enable the business to operate more effectively.
- Support the Head of University Accounting and Group Finance Director
- Keep up to date with technical standards, understanding treatment and application
- Period end accounting for relevant revenue and cost lines of the University's P&L, including deferred revenue, accrued income, prepayments and accruals.
- Review cost centre accounts and provide commentary
- Review University balance sheet accounts
- Work with the FP&A team to review variances to budget/forecast and prior year, providing commentary
- Provide support and assistance to the assistant accountants and apprentices.
- Improve and streamline period end processes for revenue to ensure this is accounted for efficiently, on a timely basis and is accurate.
- Assist with submissions to the University's regulatory bodies e.g. HESA, OfS
- Prepare quarterly reports for the University Board
- Annual statutory reporting and accounts preparation
- Active participation in the completion of the annual audit
- Adhoc tasks supporting the finance team.
Department Group Finance - Group Reporting
Vacancy location UK, London, London Shepherd's Bush
- ACA or ACCA finalist who has completed most of their exams
- Demonstrable experience in revenue accounting
- Good understanding of Advanced Excel
- Attention to detail and time management
- Ability to prioritise workload, manage wider team expectation.
- Strong communication skills, with a willingness to liaise with different departments across the business
Contract Hours 37.50