Research Fellow, Online Learning
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is seeking a Research Fellow. The selected candidate work closely with Dr. Vincent Tan and Dr. Wang Chi Cheung on intersection of information theory, statistical signal processing, and machine learning.
Some sample topics include:
- Fundamental performance limits (and algorithms) for dictionary learning (e.g., matrix factorization), ranking, and deep learning architectures;
- Online learning (bandits, reinforcement learning) in the presence of adversaries;
- Learning of graphical models and other statistical models.
Applicants may submit a detailed CV to Vincent Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org. If shortlisted, applicants should also arrange for at least two to three letters of reference to be sent to the same address.
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Applied Mathematics
- Proven strong publication record in information theory, signal processing, or machine learning
- Good written and spoken communications.
- Salary will commensurate with the candidate experience, potential, and track record.
- Open to fixed term contract
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No