Research Assistant, Recruitment and Data Collection
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Research Assistant (RA) in the Department of Surgery, Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. The position is a 1-year contract in the first instance and could be extended with good performance.
Main duties and responsibilities
The RA will be responsible to, and work closely with, the Principal Investigator and study team members to ensure the successful completion of the various research projects on time. RAs may be deployed either in NUH or other collaborating sites (e.g. Ng Teng Fong General Hospital, Sengkang General Hospital, National University Polyclinics), and will be exposed to a range of health services and biomedical research. The team's currently active projects include - but are not limited to - understanding patients' and spouses' quality-of-life during cancer treatment, barriers and facilitators to cancer screening, advance care planning uptake among chronic and cancer patients, and acceptance of telemedicine initiatives in primary and tertiary healthcare settings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
The RA’s principal role will be to contribute to general research activities such as recruitment, data collection, administration of questionnaires, and coordination of investigations, data entry and analysis.
The RA will liaise with the relevant personnel to ensure that recruitment and data collection proceeds smoothly, and will be accountable to the Principal Investigator. The RA will be required to:
- Oversee the general management of the project(s);
- Provide administrative and secretarial support to the project(s), such as organizing meetings to maintain regular communication with other members of the research team, maintaining study site files and documents;
- Undertake the day to day running of the project(s) at the study site, e.g. Collaborate with team members at the study sites, screening and recruitment, data collection at hospitals/participants’ homes, biological samples collection;
- Conduct literature searches, using statistical software to enter data, and analyse data and maintain database, as well as assist in preparing both progress and final reports of the project(s);
- Assist in preparation and writing of ethics submission/grants
- Maintain the highest standard of professional conduct and record keeping in accordance with policies and procedures;
- Assist with any other duties of a similar nature that are delegated by the PI.
(a) Have a degree in Nursing, Life Science, Social Sciences, Public Health or equivalent
(b) Demonstrate tact and discretion when dealing with confidential data.
(c) Proficient in MS Office applications.
(d) There will be interaction with patients and as some patients may not be English speaking, oral proficiency in local languages (e.g Chinese, Malay etc) is preferred
(e) Able to travel between office and external study sites.
(f) Able to work independently and as a team player in a fast-paced environment.
(g) Possess good interpersonal and communication skills
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Siew Bei En (email@example.com).
Please submit your application, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 2 referees).
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Surgery
Employee Referral Eligible: No