Research Fellow, Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering
The Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (ChBE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) has a highly versatile engineering program. The Smart Systems Engineering (SSE) research group led by Assistant Professor Xiaonan Wang has a broad interest and unique interdisciplinary focus on multi-scale systems research and the state-of-the-art computational methods including machine learning/deep learning, optimization, control, general artificial intelligence (AI), Internet-of-Things (IoT) and block chain technologies. We aim to combining theories, models, and real-world practice in many fundamental domains (e.g., renewable energy, functional materials, healthcare manufacturing and supply chain etc.) through intelligent algorithms/tools development and applications, especially in clean energy, sustainability, advanced manufacturing and materials development. We seek to appoint several talented individuals to join our team at NUS as a Research Engineer, Research Associate or Research Fellow to work on several collaborative projects with other world-leading institutes (e.g., MIT, Imperial College London and Tsinghua University).
- Lead either the advanced manufacturing module (especially pharmaceutical processes, cyber-physical systems, AI accelerated materials discovery) or the smart energy module (and broadly energy, water, food, waste and other resources) to develop quantitative and AI methods for system analysis and optimization.
- Deploy advanced data mining, machine learning and other computational strategies to for accelerated technological development.
- Develop real-time optimization and control strategies to improve system efficiency and sustainability in smart manufacturing.
- Work closely with our experimental and industrial collaborators to apply state-of-the-art technologies in the computing platform.
- Applicants should have PhD degree. Applicants who are in the final stages of PhD studies (i.e submitted thesis; pending oral defence) may also be considered.
- Applicants should have relevant work experience, and good knowledge, skills and expertise in relevant field.
- The positions require highly motivated individuals who have strong interest in advanced computational methods applied to frontier research. Experience with programming and computing should be highlighted in application.
- The researchers should have initiatives to work on exciting multi-disciplinary cases with real-world implications.
- The researchers should be able to work within a team and communicate research output professionally.
- The researchers should be able to write and publish scientific papers.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department: Chemical And Biomolecular Engineering