Senior Lecturer Business Management
Department of Human Resources & Organisational Behaviour
Salary: £40,322 to £49,553 plus £3706 London weighting
Contract Type: Permanent
Closing Date: Tuesday 18 May 2021
Interview Date: To be confirmed
As part of our on-going development strategy, the Department of Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour at the University of Greenwich is seeking a Senior Lecturer in Business Management. We are seeking a colleague who will implement strategies and plans to ensure academic excellence in the Department, the Faculty of Business and the wider University community.
This post is for a highly effective person, capable of delivering high quality education and research in the fields of Business Management. The role will focus on delivering high quality education both at undergraduate and postgraduate level in a variety of formats as well as research and enterprise activities aligned with the research profile of the Faculty of Business. We seek to recruit a colleague willing to work with a diverse group of students and academic staff.
The role holder will be expected to work with the Head of Department in coordinating and managing activities supporting teaching and learning (e.g. timetabling, staffing allocation).
The Faculty of Business based in the Old Royal Naval College at Greenwich – a UNESCO World Heritage site – has a strong commitment to diversity and internationalism. This is reflected in our focus on inclusive curricula and equality of opportunity for learners. The Department of Human Resources and Organisational Behaviour has a portfolio of Undergraduate and Postgraduate programmes in the areas of Business Management and Human Resource Management. Our teaching is informed by the international research agenda of several of the research centres of the Faculty of Business.
The person appointed will be expected to:
- Contribute to the delivery of existing teaching, course development, and to participate in the research carried out in the department and the Faculty.
- Contribute more widely to the design and delivery of teaching activities, reflecting the successful candidate’s own subject specialism and appropriate for the needs of a diverse student body
- Engage in research and professional practice across the subject area and contribute to the research profile of the Department and to the REF submission of the Faculty of Business.
- Engage in pastoral care duties, acting a personal tutor for a group of students.
- Contribute to the management of departmental operations.
For an informal discussion about the post please contact Riccardo De Vita, Head of Department - R.DeVita@greenwich.ac.uk.