1. Job Purpose
The Research Assistant will be involved in the conduct of human subject research in the area of clinical research in NUHS. He/She and shall be at different clinical sites most of the time. The Research Assistant will be involved in the conduct of human subject research in the area of thyroid diseases. These studies involve sample collection, informed consent taking, administration of questionnaires and coordinating with collaborators/external parties. He/she will also assist in procedures such as samples extraction and retrieval, the administration of questionnaires and data entry and data analysis. He/She will need to work on wet-lab experiments (sample processing and designing of experiments).
Duties and Responsibilities
2.1 Primary Responsibilities and Duties (100%)
A) Patient care
- He/she will assist in procedures such as anthropometric measurements, blood-taking, administration of questionnaires and data entry.
- He/she is essential to successful screening, enrolling and follow-up of study participants and patient education.
B) Medical logistics maintenance
- Manage and maintain medical related equipment and work procedures to meet accreditation standards
- Follow-up on participants for blood taking
- The Research Assistant will help the investigators to ensure strict adherence to the study protocol, Singapore Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements. He/she will also be involved in performing laboratory assays and maintaining samples inventory in the laboratory.
- He / She is required to maintain ethics submission and strict adherence to research protocol and prepare necessary documentation for audit purposes
- He/she will also be involved in performing laboratory assays and maintaining samples inventory in the laboratory. Conduct wet-lab experiment, performing lab assays
- He / She is required to maintain database for reporting and ensure data integrity all at times
- Maintain sample inventory and diligently update record for reporting and audit purposes
- Possess at least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in qualifications in biomedical science
- Relevant venipuncture/cannulation skillsets
- Singapore Good Clinical Practice Guidelines and other applicable regulatory and ethical requirements is preferred
- Research in the area of thyroid diseases is of advantageous
- Relevant clinical and laboratory experience will be advantageous.
- Relevant clinical research experiences will be preferred
- Independent mature worker who is well-organized, has the ability to multitask.
- Possess good written and spoken communication skills.
- Possess good interpersonal skills and be willing to travel between the University and external study sites as part of his/ her work frequently
- Able to communicate effectively with study subjects and other members of the study team.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department : Medicine
Employee Referral Eligible: No