Research Fellow, Project Green Chemistry
4 days left
- Full Time
The National University of Singapore invites applications for a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow position in the Synthetic Biology Translational Research Program (TRP), Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine. Appointments will be on a 1-year contract in the first instance, with the possibility of extension. Fresh PhD holders are welcome.
Purpose of the post
The Research Fellow (RF) will be responsible to, and work closely with the Principal Investigator and a team of researchers on the goals set out for the project(s) of interest. The RF’s principal role will be to engineer microorganisms as biocatalytic tools for application in green chemistry in e-waste management.
Main duties and responsibilities
The Research Fellow is expected to:
- Develop molecular tools for the engineering of non-canonical microorganisms, such as Chromobacterium violaceum
- Metabolically engineer microorganisms for enhanced lixiviant capabilities for industrial applications in electronic waste recycling
- Mentor research assistants, graduate and undergraduate students.
The applicant should:
- Hold a PhD in Biological Sciences, Biochemistry or related disciplines
- Have extensive knowledge and hand-on experience on molecular biology, biochemistry and metabolic engineering of microorganisms for the production of targeted metabolites
- Be able to work independently and in a team, and have an investigative nature and is attentive to details
Remuneration will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience. Informal enquiries are welcome and should be made to Ms Mageswari G, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Formal application: Please submit your application via email, indicating current/expected salary, supported by a detailed CV (including personal particulars, academic and employment history, complete list of publications/oral presentations and full contacts of 3 referees) by 7 May 2021:
Ms Mageswari Ganesan
National University of Singapore
Centre for Life Sciences #02-07
28 Medical Drive Singapore 117456
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Dean's Office (Medicine)
Employee Referral Eligible: No