Senior Academic Quality Officer, Audit and Risk
Job Profile Academic Quality - Quality
Contract Type Permanent
The Senior Academic Quality Officer (Audit & Risk), under the direction of the Head of Academic Quality, is responsible for assisting the University by providing intelligence on the implementation of its academic quality and governance mechanisms and the effective application of its internal regulatory framework in order to meet our external academic regulatory requirements. The Senior Academic Quality Officer (Audit & Risk) also has a significant role in supporting the work of the Deputy Vice-Chancellor (DVC) and will report into the DVC to undertake audit work either directly or through the use of internal staff/external consultants, maintain an academic risk register under the DVC’s direction, and provide administrative support to the DVC as and when required.
Please note that the location for this role can be either BPP Manchester or BPP London Liverpool Street offices, with flexible hybrid working.
- Lead in the preparation, conduct and execution of internal and external audits of academic provision and standards, including the preparations for any internal or external regulatory reviews.
- Propose an academic audit timetable for the year to the DVC.
- Maintain an academic risk register and assist the Senior Leadership Team in providing assurance to the Board on the management of risk.
- Prepare data-driven, risk focused reports demonstrating the impact of the University's practice in relation to academic quality, and prepare data-driven, risk focused committee papers on proposed developments and initiatives within the University and externally
- Ensure that academic audit reports draw evidence-based conclusions and make appropriate recommendations on University's policies and regulatory framework.
- Support the academic quality team and operational teams in the implementation of recommendations.
- Follow-up on progress towards meeting recommendations in academic audit reports.
- Lead with the Head of Academic Quality on the drafting of regulations, procedures, protocols, and guidance.
- Act as Secretary to University Boards and Committees.
- Matrix management of the Academic Quality Officers under the direction of the Head of Academic Quality.
- Develop and benefit from an external network of peers.
- Maintain a close and contemporary understanding of developments in the HE sector and apply that understanding to the development of practice within the Un
Department University Academic Services - Academic Quality
Vacancy location UK, Nationwide
- A good first degree, or equivalent qualification.
- Significant experience working in an academic or administrative environment related to quality assurance and/or enhancement in higher education either for a higher education institution, or a professional or statutory body.
- An understanding of the frameworks for quality assurance in higher education in the UK and specifically that of the OfS and QAA.
- Strong oral and written skills with experience of providing advice to committees and senior officers and preparing reports and position papers and preparing minutes and action plans.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to confidently conduct meetings and interviews with staff and students.
- The ability to work to tight timeframes and to meet deadlines.
- Good numeracy skills.
- The ability to work in a team and be adaptable to the exigencies of changing priorities and timescales.
- Self-motivated and target focussed
- Experience of a range of regulators/statutory bodies, including the OfS, QAA, and HESA.
- Experience of external regulatory review.
- Experience of the work of a statutory body such as the QAA and or the OfS
- Familiarity with data management, collation and analysis.
- Previous experience of academic audit, or analogous work (e.g., QAA reviewer).
Contract Hours 37.50
Salary 40,000 - 45,000