Manager, Programs and Academic Policy, HEO9
- Located in Student and Academic Services at City West Campus
- Full-time (0.8 - 1.0 FTE flex) Fixed Term Contract to 28/6/2022
- Commencement salary $117,998 plus super
About the Role
Reporting to the Deputy Director: Academic Services, the Manager: Programs and Academic Policy provides strategic advice and direction on the development of academic policy and procedures to meet the current and future needs of the University and its clients.
The role leads a team of professional staff to support program and course approval, the delivery of digital communication and commonwealth reporting.
- Collaborate with the Deputy Director to initiate, drive and implement strategic projects to meet changing government regulation and reporting requirements, and for continuous improvement of digital communications, policy and program development and compliance
- Lead and manage the team and resources, resulting in a positive workplace culture focused on efficiency, service and quality
- Undertake analysis and provide critical comment and briefings for the Director/Deputy Directors, Student and Academic Services on strategic and operational issues relating to academic policy and program development
- Provide expert advice on program and course approval as well as training, support and development to program staff across the university
- Manage the effective dissemination of academic policy information and advice to internal and external stakeholders
Essential Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in policy development and review, with the ability to acquire knowledge and understanding of policies, procedures and legislative requirements relevant to the University
- High level interpersonal and oral communication skills, including demonstrated negotiating skills when working with senior staff on complex and sensitive issues
- Demonstrated ability to lead others in a complex service environment delivering a high quality customer service culture and building a collaborative team based work environment
- High level analytical, research and writing skills to enable the effective synthesis of relevant information and data, and the provision of high quality written reports, policies and correspondence.
- High level organisational and administrative skills, with proven ability and experience in project management
Culture & Benefits
UniSA is South Australia’s largest university ranked amongst the very best young universities in the world. Our staff love to be a part of an organisational culture that promotes innovation anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Every day we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
We offer a range of benefits including professional development support, flexible work arrangements and salary sacrifice options. Our family friendly approach and focus on work/life wellbeing will ensure you enjoy the many benefits of living and working in vibrant, highly affordable Adelaide, consistently ranked one of the world’s most liveable cities.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Bernie Dyer, Senior Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2910.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Tuesday 4 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.