Research Fellow, Intersection of Information Theory, Stats Signal Processing and Machine Learning
The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) at the National University of Singapore (NUS) is offering positions for postdoctoral fellows who will work closely with Dr. Vincent Tan at the intersection of information theory, statistical signal processing, and machine learning.
Some sample topics include:
- Fundamental performance limits (and algorithms) for dictionary learning (e.g., matrix factorization), ranking, and deep learning architectures;
- Learning in the presence of privacy constraints;
- Learning in the large alphabet regime;
- Learning of graphical models and other statistical models.
For more information about Vincent Tan's research interests, please visit his homepage at
Applicants can also submit a detailed CV to Vincent Tan at firstname.lastname@example.org. If shortlisted, applicants should also arrange for at least two to three letters of reference to be sent to the same address.
- Possess a recognised PhD degree in Electrical Engineering / Computer Science / Applied Mathematics
- Track record of strong publication in top journals and conferences in the area of information theory, signal processing, or machine learning
- Salary would commensurate with the candidate’s experience
- Excellent written and spoken communication especially in writing and presentation skills.
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with various stakeholders.
- Meticulous, able to work well under pressure and commitment to meet tight deadlines
- Open to fixed-term contract.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Electrical And Computer Engineering
Employee Referral Eligible: No