Lecturer in French Language
The Centre for Language Studies at the National University of Singapore (NUS) invites applications for Lecturer in French Language on Educator Track Scheme.
This is a full-time position available from September 2021. Depending on candidate’s availability commencement in August 2021 is possible.
The appointee’s duties will include teaching, curriculum development, module coordination as well as administrative duties.
Applicants for the position should have at least a Master’s degree in Teaching French as a Foreign Language, or in a related field and should be proficient in IT. At least three years of experience in teaching French as a foreign language and in curriculum development at any level is required (teaching experience at the tertiary level is an advantage).
Applications should include the following in the application:
- A brief cover letter highlighting the applicant’s major accomplishments in teaching;
- A complete curriculum vitae in French and English;
- A teaching philosophy statement (2000 words max.) providing the applicant’s reflection on his/her educational approach;
- A copy of recent official student evaluations;
- A sample of self-developed lesson plans and materials;
- A link to a 3-minute video that demonstrates a teaching innovation and its impact as a resource for wider adoption;
- The names and contact information (e-mail addresses) of three academic referees.
Remuneration will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Relocation, leave, medical and housing benefits are provided in accordance with the applicable NUS regulations. Applicants may contact the Centre if they have any queries.
The closing date for application is 17th May, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Due to the COVID-19 situation, job interview and class demonstration will be conducted via Zoom.
Location: Block AS4, #02-05, 9 Arts Link, Singapore 117570
Organization: National University of Singapore
Department: Centre for Language Studies