Research Fellow in Theory and Computation of Materials
- Full Time
One position of Research Fellow (RF) equivalent to Postdoctoral research associate for 31 months is available from December 1st, 2020 in the group of Prof. Pieremanuele CANEPA in the vibrant department of Materials Science and Engineering at the National University of Singapore.
The RF position is funded through the National Research Foundations. We are looking for inquisitive candidates that can bring novel and interdisciplinary momentum to the field of energy storage. The RF will collaborate closely with the team at the Laboratoire de Réactivité et Chimie des Solides (LRCS) in Amiens, FRANCE, guided by Prof. Christian MASQUELIER who will be leading the experimental effort of synthesis and characterization on this project. LRCS is a prime European centre for the development of innovative materials and solution for energy storage offering an exciting research environment with top-class instruments for materials research and characterization (https://www.lrcs.u-picardie.fr/). Given the collaborative nature of the research project, regular visits to the French laboratory will occur and possible collaborations with laboratories of the European ALISTORE-ERI network will be sought.
Desirable candidates should: -
- Hold a PhD in chemistry, physics, materials science or related disciplines by the commencement of employment (ideally, December 1st 2020). Starting dates are negotiable.
- Excellent knowledge of density functional theory and beyond.
- Firm foundations in solid-state chemistry/physics, and in particular statistical mechanics as well as thermodynamics.
- Inclination toward constructive dialogue with experimental colleagues.
- Scientific programming skills and experience with electrochemical energy storage systems are not compulsory but important assets.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and nationalities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to improving diversity in materials sciences.
The salary is negotiable. Interested applicants should submit their CVs directly to Prof. CANEPA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Materials Science And Engineering