Lecturer in Nursing, Academic Level B
- Based in UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences at City East campus
- Full-time, continuing position
- Commencement Salary: $100,184 per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation)
About the Role
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join UniSA Clinical and Health Sciences and support the delivery of high-quality education to students studying nursing and midwifery.
The Academic Unit is equipped with purpose-built teaching facilities which incorporate fully equipped simulated hospital and health service and research facilities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development, delivery and coordination of nursing and health courses within the Academic Unit’s undergraduate and postgraduate programs and will positively contribute to the Academic Unit’s teaching and research agenda.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous, and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver nursing and health courses
- Apply research and scholarship to the development and delivery of quality teaching and learning activities
- Provide academic counselling and advice to students
- Contribute to curriculum development, research and scholarly activity
- Supervise / co-supervise postgraduate and HDR students
- Create, foster and enhance local, national and international relationships with relevant University, industry and professional organisations
Essential Skills and Experience
- A PhD qualification in a health related discipline and current registration as a Registered Nurse (or eligibility for registration) with the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia
- Demonstrated contribution to the profession and/or discipline of nursing
- Previous tertiary teaching and clinical experience
- Established early research record or a developing research track record
- Demonstrated experience in the coordination of university academic courses
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Generous superannuation contributions of up to 17%
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Staff study support
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Ms Georgie Hart, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org using job reference number 2942.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Monday 10 May 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
Appointment is subject to a satisfactory National Police Check (NPC) being obtained and maintained.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email email@example.com and you will receive a response within one working day.