We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join as a Research Assistant in the research group of Asst. Prof. Chan Chii Jou at Mechanobiology Institute, NUS to embark on an interdisciplinary project aimed at understanding the mechanical and biochemical signalling regulating early mouse development (https://mbi.nus.edu.sg/chii-jou-chan/). Candidates are expected to have good knowledge and skills in cell and molecular biology, preferably some prior experience in working with mouse models. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to manage the lab both in technical aspects as well as administrative aspects in procurement, maintenance of lab inventory and mouse stock.
- Degree in life sciences or biomedical disciplines.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a research lab (including final year Hons. project/Undergraduate project).
- Experience in cell and tissue culture, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology.
- Possess basic skills in microscopy and image analysis (Image J and/or Matlab).
- Experience in mouse handling will be a plus.
- Excellent communication skills; able to work independently, multi-task and work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary research environment.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus