Senior Research Fellow, Physical Oceanography Research Laboratory
7 days left
- Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated researcher to lead the study on low-frequency (seasonal to decadal time scale) sea level variability over the southeast Asian and South China Sea region. The study includes the dynamical downscaling of Climate Model Intercomparison Project 6 (CMIP6) coupled ocean model simulations for the historic period and for selected projection scenarios.
- PhD in physical oceanography with good understanding in sea level and climate change studies.
- Minimum 5 years of postdoc experience.
- Experience in the development of regional ocean models is essential. Prior modelling experience with NEMO will be an advantage.
- Experience in the analysis of satellite and tide-gauge sea level observations.
- Excellent data analysis and data visualization skills. Good technical skill in Linux shell scripting, python, matlab, pyferret or similar packages.
- Should be able to work in a self‐directed manner and within a team environment.