Assistant Professor, Biology, College of Science
Assistant Professor of Plant Biology/Botany Department of Biology at the United Arab Emirates University is seeking candidates for a faculty position in the field of Plant Biology/Botany or related discipline. Department of Biology has research strengths in cancer, genomics, plant biotechnology, and ecology. The selected candidate is expected to contribute to the strengthening and promoting of research at the department and implementing of departmental strategy in alignment with the university strategic plan.
Duties and responsibilities
- Conduct research in plant anatomy, morphology and biochemistry of plants/plant cells. In addition, (s)he may investigate environment and plant communities.
- Teach undergraduate and graduate courses related to plant biology, botany, plant ecology, plant anatomy and plant physiology.
- Develop or maintain an extramurally funded research program.
- Participate in service activities at the departmental and college levels.
Successful candidates should have a PhD degree and at least two years postdoctoral training with a strong track record of publications in the field of Plant Biology/Botany or closely related discipline. Prior experience in teaching and evidence of ability to obtain research funding are strongly recommended.
Rank and salary
The successful applicant will hold a full-time academic appointment in the Department of Biology at the Assistant Professor level. Salary is dependent upon the years of experience in this field of study. UAEU can offers a competitive start-up package.
- Cover letter addressing the strengths and qualifications of the applicant.
- Curriculum vitae
- Statement of research interests/achievements
- Statement of teaching philosophy
- Name and contact information for three references
Successful candidates should have a PhD degree and at least two years of postdoctoral training with a strong track record of publications in the field of Plant Biology/Botany or closely related discipline. Prior experience in teaching and evidence of ability to obtain research funding is strongly recommended.
Preferred Qualification Ph.D.
Special Instructions to Applicant
Division College of Science - (COS)
Department Biology - (COS)
Job Close Date 30-06-2021
Job Category Academic - Faculty
Salary assistant professor