Research Fellow, Level BRF
- Based in UniSA STEM at the Mawson Lakes campus
- Part-time (0.8 FTE), fixed term contract until 31 December 2021
- Salary: $100,184 pro rata per annum (plus up to 17% superannuation)
About the Role
The Research Fellow will undertake high-quality independent research in the Agriculture Machinery Research and Design Centre (AMRDC). You will design and perform a range of field-based experiments in agricultural engineering related areas, ensuring project milestones are achieved on time.
The University of South Australia is Australia’s University of Enterprise. Our culture of innovation is anchored around global and national links to academic, research and industry partners. Our graduates are the new urban professionals, global citizens at ease with the world and ready to create and respond to change. Our research is inventive and adventurous and we create new knowledge that is central to global economic and social prosperity.
- Conduct high-quality independent research to achieve the identified AMRDC project outcomes
- Design and perform a range of experiments to ensure project milestones are achieved on time
- Develop a record of independent research that results in refereed high-quality journal publications
- Work with the research leadership team to identify new research and partnership opportunities
- Prepare and submit research funding applications for appropriate research projects
- Provide supervision to undergraduate and postgraduate students
Essential Skills and Experience
- PhD in agricultural engineering, mechanical engineering or similar technical environmental science disciplines
- Experience undertaking independent research in agricultural engineering related areas, with extensive field-based experiments often in remote locations
- Experience with agricultural machines, especially soil tillage and harvesting technology
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills demonstrated through working with external partners, colleagues and students
- Manufacturing workshop and farm machinery skills will be highly regarded
Getting a great job working with the best is just the start. UniSA rewards its staff with a wide variety of benefits such as:
- Access to great personal development opportunities
- Flexible working conditions
- A range of salary packaging options, including vehicle leasing, laptops and car parking fees
- Staff study support
- A variety of leave arrangements
As a University of Enterprise, we offer a dynamic and agile workplace culture, one that embraces challenges and thrives on breaking new ground. Our staff are creative and innovative thinkers, communicating with clarity, conviction and enthusiasm. We embrace diversity and inclusion in a vibrant, engaging environment. Our people are authentic, resilient, and influential, and we deliver results.
How to Apply
For a copy of the position description and to apply, please visit Working at UniSA. The online application form will list the specific selection criteria that you need to address.
Please address your cover letter to Sarah Doyle, Recruitment Consultant. For further information about the position or the recruitment process, please contact UniSA Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or via email at email@example.com using job reference number 2939.
Applications close: 11:30 pm Tuesday 27 April 2021
Applications welcomed from Australian or NZ citizens, Australian permanent residents and those who have the legal right to work in Australia for the term of appointment.
How to apply:
Applications must be lodged online, please note UniSA does not accept applications via email.
- Start your application by clicking the ‘BEGIN’ button
- If you have already registered for an account, please login before starting your application
- If you have forgotten your log in details, click here to reset your password
- Preview Application Form
UniSA is committed to developing a diverse workforce and a constructive enterprising culture in which everyone can thrive.
For further support, contact Recruitment Central on +61 8 8302 1700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and you will receive a response within one working day.