Lecturer in Academic Development and Leadership
- Opportunity for a talented educator to contribute to high-quality teaching and learning experiences at a world-leading University
- Located at Camperdown Campus
- Full time fixed term for 12 months, offering Academic Level B with a base salary from $108K-$128K p.a., plus leave loading and generous employer's contribution to superannuation
About the opportunity
We are seeking a Lecturer in Academic Development and Leadership in our Educational Innovation team in the DVC (Education) Portfolio.
This role will
- contribute to outstanding teaching and learning outcomes;
- undertake independent teaching in Higher Education and related areas;
- apply learnings and knowledge from research and/or scholarly activity to inform educational practice and reform;
- engage in enhancing high-quality teaching and learning experiences (at undergraduate, honours, postgraduate and professional level) which meet the University's expectations and standards for education;
- design and deliver quality educational programs and experiences that support student needs and meet curriculum requirements;
- maintain and apply a current understanding of best-practice in teaching and learning;
- develop and suggest innovative practices in teaching and learning with a view to improving educational outcomes;
- evaluate teaching and learning - both at a program level and in relation to own practice - and apply learnings to improve practice and outcomes;
- demonstrate impact through improving student outcomes, experiences and learning.
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Lecturer in Academic Development and Leadership who possesses:
- PhD or other postgraduate qualifications in Higher Education or similar
- A Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy UK
- deep and broad experience in university teaching and learning, as evidenced by participation in team teaching within an established program and experience in teaching in a variety of settings
- demonstrated leadership abilities, including high level oral and written communication skills and the ability to lead and influence a wide range of professional and academic staff
- demonstrated success in designing, implementing and evaluating teaching and learning initiatives
Please address below Selection Criteria in your Cover Letter:
- Demonstrated knowledge of, expertise for, and excellence in university teaching and academic development
- Demonstrated knowledge of and expertise in the effective use of technology in blended and/or fully online teaching at the tertiary level
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a member of a team and with a range of professional and academic staff in a range of disciplines at a whole of university level
For more information on the position and University, please view the position description available from the job's listing on the University of Sydney careers website. If you have any additional questions, please contact Rae Hao on 8627 0063 or
All applications must be submitted via the University of Sydney careers website. Visit https://usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/USYD_EXTERNAL_CAREER_SITE and search by the job requisition number 0079494 to apply.
Please note: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position
Closing time and date: 11:30 pm 2 May 2021
The University of Sydney is committed to diversity and social inclusion. Applications from people of culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds; equity target groups including women, people with disabilities, people who identify as LGBTIQ; and people of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, are encouraged.
© The University of Sydney
The University reserves the right not to proceed with any appointment.