Tenure-Track Position in Anthropology
3 days left
- Full Time
The Department of Sociology, Zhejiang University (ZJU), invites applications for One Tenure Track position at the rank of Associate Research Fellow in social-cultural anthropology, to begin in December 2021, or as soon as possible.
We seek candidates whose work is empirically rigorous and theoretically innovative. Regional areas of field research are open, though we are particularly interested in candidates specialising in one or more Asian countries, not just China.
We expect successful candidates to have
- Doctorate in anthropology;
- Ability to deliver high-quality teaching;
- A strong publication record or demonstrated potential for research excellence;
- Excellent communication skills, dedication to teaching, and collegiality.
- Fluent or fluency of spoken and written Chinese.
The Department of Sociology at Zhejiang University is a rapidly growing, college-level faculty. It aims at becoming a top sociology department in Asia, with strong support and initiatives from the University. The department offers BA, MA and Ph.D. degrees in sociology and anthropology. Faculty members specialise in sociological and anthropological research on Chinese and Asian societies, with diverse fields such as politics, religion, ethnicity, nationalism, history, demography, and cultural studies.
The university offers competitive remuneration, housing benefits, and substantial start-up funding. Successful candidates will be recruited with internationally competitive salary, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Both ABDs and more established scholars are welcome to apply.
The application package should be either in English or Chinese, in electronic form (in a single PDF file) and include:
- a cover letter (including a summary of research and teaching interests),
- an up-to-date curriculum vitae,
- academic credentials (degrees and diplomas),
- a 1-2 page research statement,
- a 1-2 page teaching statement, evidence of teaching effectiveness (such as teaching evaluations), and
- up to three writing samples.
Please send the application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should also arrange for three confidential letters of recommendation to be sent directly to the same email address.
Applications will be reviewed starting May 15, 2021; interviews will be arranged around July. Early applications are encouraged to get full consideration by the committee. We regret that only short-listed candidates will be notified.
About Zhejiang University
Located in Hangzhou, Zhejiang University currently ranks among top 100 universities in the Times Higher Education World Reputation Rankings and QS World University Rankings. The university is organised across seven faculties and 36 schools, home to 3,500 full-time faculty members, and around 45,000 students. It is one of the top five Chinese universities with a mission to advance into a globally leading university.