Dean - Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing
The University of Wolverhampton is currently recruiting for a Faculty Dean to provide strategic leadership to its Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing (FEHW) on a permanent basis.
FEHW, the largest of the University’s three faculties, encompasses the disciplines of nursing and midwifery, allied and public health, social care and social work, sport, psychology, and education, and plays a critical role in these sectors locally and beyond.
The Dean of FEHW will:
- oversee the development and delivery of the University’s vision and strategic plan at Faculty level, and its translation into appropriate policies and operational plans.
- work with two Pro-Vice Chancellors, the Dean of Research, and the Deputy Vice Chancellor on the translation of the sub-strategies for education, global opportunities, regional engagement and research to Faculty and School levels.
- build the depth and quality of the academic disciplines within the Faculty in line with the University’s Strategic Plan 2030, building the standing and reputation of the Faculty’s schools regionally, nationally, and internationally.
- lead the Faculty’s executive group, developing it as a high-performing team focused on the achievement of the University’s vision.
Suitable candidates will demonstrate:
- significant experience of working at a senior level in an HE setting.
- experience of leading on strategy and change management at a School or Faculty level.
- external focus and evidence of ability to turn opportunities into positive returns in line with institutional strategy.
- high academic standing in one of the following disciplines: Nursing and midwifery, Allied and public health, Social care and social work, Sport, Psychology, Education.
- excellent knowledge and understanding of HE policy and its application.clear evidence of positive leadership and management performance.
We offer our employees these benefits:
- Annual leave – Starts at 29 days inclusive of the eight standard UK bank holidays.
- Flexible working – We support job-share and flexible working hours where applicable.
- Pension schemes – Our defined benefit pension schemes are a real asset to your peace of mind.
- Childcare, maternity, paternity and adoption leave and pay – In line with statutory eligibility, we operate family-friendly policies to support colleagues in striking balances in work life.
- Health and wellbeing – We offer all employees free annual health and fitness screening, flu inoculations, cycle-to-work scheme.
- Development - We offer many development opportunities to support staff throughout their time at the University.
The University of Wolverhampton celebrates diversity and recognises that difference brings value to our organisation.
As part of our commitment to ensure the diversity of staff body reflects the diversity of the student and local communities we serve, we particularly welcome applications from candidates of Black, Asian, or Ethnic Minority heritage, and candidates who are Disabled (including people who whilst not self-defining as disabled do encounter challenges due to a society that disables them by lack of inclusivity).
We are proud to have been awarded Disability Confident employer status, included in the Stonewall list of employers and are working towards improving our practices against Athena Swan and the Race Equality Charter. We believe in creating an even playing field for all our colleagues, where we can all belong.