- Full Time
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join as a Research Assistant in the research group of Dr Huang Zhongwei (Clinician-scientist) and Prof Rong Li at Mechanobiology Institute, NUS, to embark on an interdisciplinary project aimed at understanding the mechanical and biochemical signalling regulating mammalian ovarian follicular development with implications on female reproductive ageing and longevity.
Candidates are expected to have good knowledge and skills in cell and molecular biology, preferably prior experience in working with mouse models. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work closely with talented and motivated senior research fellows and interdisciplinary PIs to manage the technical aspects as well as administrative aspects in procurement, maintenance of lab inventory, mouse work and experiments.
- Degree in life sciences or biomedical disciplines.
- At least 1 year of experience working in a research lab (including final year Hons. project/Undergraduate project).
- Experience in cell/ tissue culture and molecular biology.
- Experience in mouse handling, husbandry and animal experiments.
- Possess basic skills in microscopy and image analysis (Image J and/or Matlab).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently, multi-task and work collaboratively in a cross-disciplinary research environment.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus