Research Fellow, Civil And Environmental Engineering
The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at National University of Singapore invites applications for one (1) Research Fellow position in the area of public health in transportation. The candidate is expected to work in the research project funded by the NUS Covid-19 research seed grant (PI: Dr Ong Ghim Ping Raymond (NUS Engineering); co-PIs: Dr Vincent Pang (Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health) and Prof Leonard Lee (NUS Lloyd’s Institute of the Public Understanding of Risk)) to develop: -
- Contact tracing algorithms for diseases.
- Modelling of disease spread in transportation networks.
- Risk communication strategies. Good communication and team working skills with the ability to present research findings in publications and meetings are also required.
The appointment will be for one year in the first instance, and renewable for another year (subject to availability of further funding). To apply, please furnish the following documents:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae and transcripts, including a list of publications (provide softcopies of relevant papers).
- Four referee letters. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified. Link for Dr Raymond Ong’s webpage: https://www.eng.nus.edu.sg/cee/staff/ong-ghim-ping-raymond/
Candidate should have a PhD in related discipline (e.g. engineering, mathematics, data analytics, machine learning, and public health). Any relevant past experience will be an added advantage.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Civil And Environmental Engineering