A Research Assistant / Engineer position is open in the research group of Assistant Professor Wang Hao, at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, National University of Singapore (NUS). The group is committed to establishing fundamental scientific insights that can be used in the field of micromanufacturing, based on experimental works and numerical modelling. We are seeking an experienced self-motivated candidate to perform atomistic modelling of phenomena important for the fields of micro-/nano-machining in the presence of different physical fields. The Research Assistant / Engineer will work closely with the Principal Investigator (PI) and supporting staff and student members on one or more research projects. The job scope will include:
- Atomistic modelling and simulation under the supervision of the PI and in close interaction with PI’s group members and collaborating labs;
- Writing technical reports and manuscripts; Applicants will be reviewed based on their research ability and language proficiency. Preference will be given to candidates with a good publication and/or academic record.
- At least a Master’s degree in the relevant area (such as physics, materials science, computational chemistry etc);
- Excellent command of English;
- Knowledge and experience and proved (peer-reviewed) track record of results in the field of atomistic modelling of solids (such as DFT modelling, experience with molecular dynamics simulation is an asset), including methods and software. Experience with continuum modelling is a plus.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Mechanical Engineering