Professor / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Faculty Positions in the Humanities and Social Sciences at Brac University
Founded twenty years ago, Brac University (BU) has consistently been ranked one of the three best private universities of Bangladesh. A member of the Open Society University Network, BU takes pride in its social mission and its contributions to the UN Agenda 2030. The university, which will move to a new campus in Dhaka in January 2023, is expanding quickly and will have soon 20,000 students. The School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) is inviting applications for faculty appointments in history (open rank) and in economics (assistant or associate professor). Following a successful review, these positions will become permanent after the first year at Brac University. The duties include teaching three to four undergraduate and graduate courses a semester, three semesters a year. This heavy teaching load can be reduced to two classes per semester for applicants who maintain an active research and publication program and/or who assume service duties for the program, school or university.
The ideal candidates will have a vast teaching experience, an interest in curriculum development and pedagogical innovation, a record in producing research of outstanding quality, a willingness to transgress disciplinary boundaries, a commitment to institution-building and network-building, and the ability to attract external funding for projects that are led with partners from around the world. We welcome historians and economists with interests in:
- Global history, environmental history, history of science, colonial and postcolonial studies, or qualitative methods. These interests may include the Anthropocene, environmental studies, South Asian studies, gender studies, or social engagement.
- Microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, or quantitative methods. These interests may include South Asian studies, gender studies, development studies, environmental studies, or social engagement.
- A PhD degree in History or in Economics from a Top 100 university or program.
- For an appointment as Full Professor at least ten years of academic experience since graduation.
- For an appointment as Associate Professor at least five years of academic experience since graduation
- A commitment to excellence in teaching, research, service, and outreach
- Experience with research management, academic administration, and curriculum development
- Experience in working with international partners and funding agencies
Your application will include:
- A cover letter
- An updated CV, with the list of research grants and peer-reviewed publications
- A statement on your teaching and research interests
- A sample syllabus with class evaluations
- Two recent research publications
- A copy of your PhD degree
June 1, 2021. Please submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. Philippe Forêt, SHSS Dean, email@example.com
Apply for Professor / Assistant Professor / Associate Professor in the Humanities and Social Sciences
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly