Assistant Professor, Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
The National University of Singapore – which is the top ranked university in Asia – is recruiting full-time Assistant Professor(s) for the Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health (SSHSPH) on the tenure/research/practice track appointments. For the tenure-track appointments (i.e. appointees are given fixed contracts for up to 7 years, with the goal of obtaining tenured appointments at the end of this period). In addition to an attractive salary and benefits package, new faculty members may be eligible for a start-up grant to initiate their independent stream of research and subsidised university accommodation.
The School is expanding its interest in the area of mathematical modelling with plans for a Centre that oversees research in this area. The positions are specifically for faculty to work in the Biostatistics and Modelling Domain (BSMD) of SSHSPH.
Researchers active in the following areas are particularly encouraged to apply:
- Mathematical modelling in public health, such as infectious disease transmission dynamic modelling, discrete event simulation, or computer simulation modelling, with demonstrable utility for public health policy making;
- Recognized Doctoral degree in a relevant discipline with strong post-doctoral research records;
- Track record of publishing in high-impact international peer-reviewed journals;
- Experienced in leading independent research studies or a component within larger research programs;
- Ability to generate and maintain an independent stream of research funding;
- Ability to teach public health courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels;
- Ability to work in multidisciplinary teams;
- Ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- establishing an independent research agenda through extramural funding;
- developing collaborative, multidisciplinary research;
- curricula design and teaching;
- graduate student advising,
- and contributing to policy/community development in the field of public health.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply, please submit a cover letter specifying your research and teaching interests and experience, your curriculum vitae, names and contacts of 3 references to:
Miss Charmaine Tang
Saw Swee Hock School of Public Health
National University of Singapore