Research Fellow, Microbiology and Immunology
4 days left
- Full Time
The research fellow will join an active and dynamic team that studies the molecular basis of chronic inflammatory diseases.
Currently, the team addresses the role of the MAP kinase p38 in causing liver inflammation. The team is using the most advanced experimental tools and approaches, primarily a novel mouse model for human diseases established by the team. The model is open for new ideas and fresh initiatives and the incumbent is expected to take part in actual experimentation as well as in devising ideas and designing strategies.
He/ She will run an independent project, in close collaboration with all members of the team.
Qualifications and Skills:
- PhD degree in the fields of Biology or Biomedicine.
- Postdoctoral experience, or experience in a research laboratory would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and research experience in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology.
- Experience with protein kinases and signal-transduction pathway as well as
- experience in mice work, particularly with transgenic mice, would be an advantage.
- Ability to read and write scientific documents and communicate with all other team members.
- Highly independent, hard-working curious and self- motivated scientist with intellectual and technical capabilities.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Organization: Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
Department: Microbiology And Immunology
Employee Referral Eligible: No