Research Fellow, Materials Science And Engineering
One position of Research Fellow for 31 months is available from April 1st, 2020 in the group of Prof. Pieremanuele CANEPA in the vibrant department of Materials Science and Engineering at the National University of Singapore. The PDRF position is funded through a bilateral research programme between France and Singapore within the 5th ANR-NRF grant under the project: Nanostructured Materials for Advanced Na SolidsTate battERies (Na-MASTER). More details about Na-MASTER can be found at http://tiny.cc/j7kbiz.
We are looking for inquisitive candidates that can bring novel and interdisciplinary momentum to the field of energy storage. The PDRF will collaborate closely with the team at the Laboratoire de Réactivité et Chimie des Solides (LRCS) in Amiens, FRANCE, guided by Prof. Christian MASQUELIER who will be leading the experimental effort of synthesis and characterization in Na-MASTER. LRCS is a prime European centre for the development of innovative materials and solution for energy storage offering an exciting research environment with top-class instruments for materials research and characterization (https://www.lrcs.u-picardie.fr/). Given the collaborative nature of Na-MASTER, regular visits to the French laboratory will occur and possible collaborations with laboratories of the European ALISTORE-ERI network will be sought.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds and nationalities are encouraged to apply. We are committed to improving diversity in materials sciences. The salary is negotiable. Interested applicants should submit their CVs directly to Prof. CANEPA at firstname.lastname@example.org and Prof. MASQUELIER email@example.com.
- Hold a PhD in chemistry, physics, materials science or related disciplines by the commencement of employment (ideally, April 1st). Starting dates are negotiable.
- Excellent knowledge of density functional theory and beyond.
- Firm foundations in solid-state chemistry/physics, and in particular statistical mechanics as well as thermodynamics.
- Inclination toward constructive dialogue with experimental colleagues.
- Scientific programming skills and experience with electrochemical energy storage systems are not compulsory but important assets.
Location: Kent Ridge Campus
Department : Materials Science And Engineering